I need my MTN SIM and phone contacts back. My phone was recently stolen along Aba-Portharcourt express way. How do I recover or retrieve those phone numbers back? ASAP.
What happen to your phone?
Is your phone stolen, SIM got spoilt
or someone mistakenly deleted you contacts?
Below is the procedure to recover your backup MTN phone and contacts. Before I proceed, I want to believe you done backup of your contacts before now using the MTN backup services on your phone or website. If you have done this before now, those phone contacts will be stored in an MTN secured internet data server. So, you easily retrieve them any time you wish.
Things you should do first before you can retrieve those phone numbers
- Buy an MTN 128K SIM card as new welcome back SIM card. Just check the back of the SIM card when buying to be sure it is 128K size SIM card
- Make sure you have a minimum of N50 airtime on your new MTN line.
- You new phone should fall among these brands of phones;
• Sagem • Sanyo
• Sony Ericsson
- Microsoft window phone
- Gionee phone
How to recover your Backup contacts using MTN Backup Service
Now, follow these steps to retrieve your MTN Mobile Phone contacts;
• Log into your MTN backup online account at: https://mtnnigeria.weballynis.gemalto.com/CloudBackup/index.html using your login details (your mobile number e.g. 2348012345678) and your password that was provided during your initial contacts backup.
• Once login, go to devices to view where you did your recent backup or synchronization (sync)
• Ensure you select a phone-type that matches with the current phone you are using.
• Click on sync now; you will receive an OTA message that says “server wants to do a synchronization with you”
• Click on continue and it says
“Operation in progress” Wait for the operation to complete.
After completion, your new phone will be update with your contacts, events, tasks and notes that you have saved before on your old phone; you will see “Operation successful. Thank you” Click on OK
MTN backup service will send you a text message
Y’hello! Your SIM backup was successful. Now your contacts are safe on the MTN network. Thank you for choosing MTN N. N50 will be deduct from account automatically while MTN resend the sync data to your phone using OTA; with this you will be able to get back all of your backup data back to your phone.
You can retrieve up 200 contacts from your SIM backup and 5000 contacts from your phone backup.
Now, If you have not backup your MTN contacts before; follow these steps to backup your MTN contacts, tasks, events, calendar, and notes using MTN Backup Service
You can backup you phone contacts on your email like Gmail and then retrieve it when you have challenge or problem with your phone.
I want to believe you have Gmail email account, if don’t then you can do that now to start backing up your phone contacts.
There, you have it! How you can recover or retrieve your backup MTN SIM and Phone contacts.
I hope it helps!
It depends on if you have previously backup you contacts and where they are stored. if you previously backup using MTN Backup service;
- visit MTN Service on your phone and select Backup service.
- Login using your phone number and password.
- Select the synchronization and follow instruction
- Visit MTN website at http://www.mtnonline.com/mtnbackup.
- Login using phone number and your password
- Select you phone type and start retrieving your contact by synchronization.